As I wrote in my blog back in early November, there are several spices that are particularly beneficial for women in early menopause or premenopause. These spicesnamely ginger and cinnamoncan help to ease perimenopause symptoms. Not to mention, they taste fabulous!
The best way I know to stay in delicious hormonal balance is to incorporate these spices into your life. And what could be a tastier way to enjoy these spices than gingerbread!
Nothing says “Happy Holidays” to me quite like the smell of gingerbread baking. So, my gift to you this season, is a healthy version of my mothers amazing gingerbread.
You can find this recipe and others like it (including several for women suffering from menopause symptoms such as hot flashes and night sweats) in Hormone Revolution.
? cup canola oil
? cup erythritol
? cup light molasses
1 ? cups Pamelas wheat-free baking mix
? teaspoon salt
? teaspoon baking soda
? teaspoon ginger
? teaspoon cinnamon
? cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream oil and erythritol for 30-45 seconds.
- Add egg and molasses and beat thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, sift together baking mix, salt, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture, alternating with boil water, until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8×8 pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick, comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.