Old Man Winter has a way of slowing us down during the colder months. Flowers become dormant, bears take to their caves, and many natural weight loss plans fly south for the winter.
However, cold weather should not mean a freeze in your workout. Instead, think of it as an opportunity to try out a few different forms of exercise.
- Rowing machine. Rowing provides an all-over body workout, conditioning the quads, butt, abs, lower back, and upper body.
- Stationary bike. Biking works the leg muscles, particularly the quads, while providing needed relief from the pounding on knees and ankles.
- Stair climber. Stair climbing is a good substitute for running. Like cross-country skiing, climbing stairs utilizes the same range of motion and muscle groups as running.
- Elliptical. Elliptical trainers mimic the motion of running, but provide a great low impact workout.
- Classes. Enjoy the company of others by taking part in an aerobics class, work off your aggression through kickboxing, or see why everyone is raving about Pilates.
So this year, when Old Man Winter comes knocking on your door, invite him in for a spin on the stair master or elliptical machine, and use the colder months to explore the some new, fun exercise possibilities.
For more information on ways to maintain your natural weightloss plan during the holidays, visit Dr. Larks Web site.