Wednesday. Hump day. That mid-week day that signals the coming weekend. For me, its also one of the busiest days. Its the day that everything I didnt get done earlier in the week seems to pile up on as I try to clear my to-do list for the weekend.
Then throw in the need for a healthy dinner and Wednesday quickly becomes we need dinner day.
Thankfully I have this go-to recipe in my back pocket. I almost always have chicken on hand, as well as broth and lemon juice. If you dont have shallots, onions work just as well. Add some brown rice and steamed broccoli and you have a fantastic, healthy meal in minutes!
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 4-ounce chicken breasts
? cup shallot, chopped
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon parsley
1 tablespoon capers
1 teaspoon lemon zest
? teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook for 8 minutes on each side, until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add shallots to skillet and cook for one minute.
- Add broth and lemon juice and deglaze the skillet.
- Stir in parsley, capers, lemon zest, and pepper. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken back to skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, until chicken is reheat.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional Info (per serving): Calories 152, Total fat 5 g, Cholesterol 53 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbs 3 g, Fiber trace, Protein 24 g
For even more delicious recipes, visit Dr. Larks Web site.