If you are interested in creating moister, softer skin and shinier hair, then you need to become well acquainted with essential fatty acids (EFAs). The moisturizing effect of these oils can help to replenish the moisture content in women with diminished estrogen levels, namely women at midlife and older who tend to have drier skin to begin with.
The get the best natural skin care Mother Nature has to offer, reach for foods that are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These include coconut, flaxseeds, raw nuts and seeds (especially almonds and pumpkin seeds), olives and olive oil, and of course cold-water fish, such as salmon, tuna, trout, or halibut. Daily consumption of these natural skin care ingredients should be part of any natural anti aging skin care program.
While this may seem daunting at first glance, its really quite easy to incorporate these delicious natural skin care ingredients into virtually every meal:
- Add salmon and diced veggies to scrambled eggs for an easy frittata.
- Mix two tablespoons of ground flaxseed into your favorite smoothie.
- Use coconut milk-based yogurt in place of soy yogurt.
- Top any salad with tuna or salmon.
- Use olive oil or macadamia nut oil to top salads or steamed vegetables.
- Serve fish as your main course two to three times a week.
- Grind raw flaxseeds, almonds, and cashews to create a delicious spread for apples or celery.
- Swap your favorite protein or energy bar for a coconut bar.
- Make a trail mix with ? cup raw almonds, ? cup raw sunflower seeds, ? cup raw pumpkin seeds, ? cup unsweetened coconut, ? cup dried blueberries, and two teaspoons cinnamon. Place all ingredients in a Ziploc bag, seal, and shake to blend.