In response to my recent blog post on “Are You in Perimenopause?,” Lisa B. asked if there was a pill available to help relieve perimenopause symptoms. Because this is an issue that touches so many women, I’ve decided to devote this post to its answer.
Estrogen dominance is the most frequent cause of unpleasant symptoms during perimenopause and bringing it back into balance is key to finding relief. While there are many products on the market that claim to provide relief from perimenopause symptoms, I urge you to do your research and pick the product that best fits your unique symptoms. Some women find relief from their symptoms with just one or two supplements, while others may need to take several in combination. The specific supplements I recommend for estrogen balancing are:
- Soy isoflavones 50 to 100 mg of soy isoflavones as food and in pill form.
- Bioflavonoids 750 to 2,000 mg per day.
- Flaxseed oil or ground flax meal 1 to 2 tbsp of flaxseed oil; or 4 to 6 tbsp ground flax meal mixed into cereals and shakes.
- Vitamin B-complex 25 to 100 mg daily assists the liver in detoxifying estrogen.
- Herbs such as turmeric (400-500 mg two to three times a day), or dandelion (150-500 mg daily) or milk thistle standardized extract (150-175 mg one to three times a day) and amino acids like L-methionine (200-1,000 mg) or L-cysteine (200 mg twice a day) also promote healthy liver detoxification.
- Oat or rice bran for fiber (1-2 tbsp per day in 8-12 oz water).
On my website, www.DrLark.com, youll find many products that meet the specific needs of women, along with valuable information to help you identify a natural solution that will work best for you.