One of the easiest and most delicious ways to get the DIM you need to balance estrogen levels and offset estrogen balance is to increase your consumption of Brassica vegetables. Here are two of my favorite recipes. Enjoy!
I developed this recipe for Dr. Larks newsletter several years, and its still a keeper!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup sliced red pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
2/3 cup of diced tomatoes, with juice
1 tsp basil
1/81/4 tsp ground pepper
2 cup of rice noodles, cooked
3 tsp goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, red pepper, and garlic and saut? for 35 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, basil, and pepper and simmer for 56 minutes.
- Add rice noodles and toss well.
- Top with goat cheese and serve.
This is a must-have for every picnic or pot luck! It is also featured in the book I co-authored with Dr. Lark entitled Hormone Revolution.
? cup nonfat mayonnaise
? cup erythritol
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 large head of broccoli
6 scallions, diced
4 pieces turkey bacon, crumbled
? cup goat cheese, crumbled
? cup sunflower seeds.
- Combine mayonnaise, erythritol, and vinegar. Mix well, cover, and place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut broccoli into small flowerettes. Add scallions, bacon, goat cheese, and sunflower seeds.
- Mix in dressing and serve.